Saturday, January 24, 2009

not so fantastic today

so I wasn't thrilled with the food I made today. for dinner we had black beans and rice. the recipe called for stewed tomatoes, brown rice, black beans, oregano, garlic powder and an onion. I used diced tomatoes, brown rice, black beans, about half an onion, oregano, a teaspoon of jarred minced garlic, and the garlic powder. I didn't really like it at all. Chris thought it was ok, so it wasn't a total bust, but I won't be trying that recipe again..

then I was in the mood for cookies tonight but I didn't want to wait for butter to soften so I looked for cookie recipes that didn't use butter and found cake mix cookies. I had a box of yellow cake mix just sitting in my pantry forever, so I figured why not. the recipe called for the cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup oil and 2 cups of chocolate chips. I used applesauce instead of the oil and only about a cup of chips. I had to add a few tablespoons of water too cuz it was very thick. They didn't turn out fantastic. the first batch was too puffy. they pretty much stayed the same shape they were when I put them on the sheet. the 2nd & 3rd batches got squished down and cooked alittle longer and turned out alittle better. all in all not a bad quick little low fat snack. I'll try different flavor combinations again.


No comments:

Post a Comment